We have an inhouse development team, consisting of 6 software developers, 1 data engineer, 1 Quality Assurance Tester and a Product Owner. They all report directly to the CTO, Rutger van van Bergen. The team is responsible for all software development and data analytics that takes place within the company. In that, the team plays a pivotal role in BuyBay’s transition from a logistical company that develops software, to a SaaS solution provider in the field of intelligent reverse logistics. One of the next successful hire must be a Senior Quality Assurance Tester, to increase the role of test automation in our overall software quality assurance.
• Contribute to the overall test strategy and testing toolchain. The test strategy concerns topics including overall quality level to be attained, types of testing applied, using manual vs automated approach, etc.
• Planning and executing testing efforts depending on the context in an agile environment in line with the strategy.
• Analysis of functional and technical requirements. Signaling of inconsistent, insufficient or illogical requirements.
• Understanding business needs and strategy well enough to be able to perform exploratory testing efficiently.
• Identifying and performing functional testing (both manual and automated), smoke and regression testing.
• Taking ownership of recording and tracking defects. Support engineers in reproducing and troubleshooting them.
• Testing RESTful web services using Rest Assured framework.
• Take care of a consistent, structural improvement in the quality of the software delivered by the team, from a technical perspective and from the perspective of alignment between what is delivered vs. what is required.
The most important task in this position is testing features and bug fixes that are delivered by the software developers in the team, in line with the team’s sprint commitments. In the first months we want to see an increase in application of test automation in comparison to manual testing. After a year the goal is to align software quality assurance (practices) to the dynamics of SaaS software development.
Who are you?
• You have a Bachelor's or Master’s degree, in a field related to software testing is a pre.
• You have a can-do attitude and a drive to constantly improve.
• Excellent communication skills in English and preferably in Dutch.
• Living in the Netherlands or an EU citizen willing to relocate.
• Able to closely interact with other teams based in Amsterdam.
• Excited about our mission and eager to contribute to a more sustainable online market.
• Feel comfortable in not-knowing what you will be doing next year - the BuyBay world is changing fast.
• At least five years of test experience and are familiar with relevant tooling for developing, implementing and automating tests.
• You are an expert manual and automation tester across the full spectrum of software test types and approaches.
• You are familiar with exploratory testing.
• You have experience with IT systems and testing processes and with project management, SCRUM and Agile.
• You have experience with data-driven solutions that consist of a combination of back-end services, middle layer and frond ends.
• Experience in Logistics is a big plus.
• An ISTQB-, TMap- or Certified Agile Tester certification is preferred.
You're driven by
What we offer
• BuyBay’s focus on and unique understanding of the target market, small company dynamics combined with big picture thinking, the opportunity to play an important role in a strategic initiative towards the future of BuyBay.
• Lots of freedom, responsibility and space for new initiatives.
• Focus on personal and professional growth.
• An opportunity to actively contribute to the resolution of the massive return problem in Europe.
• Working in a team with enthusiastic and passionate people.
At BuyBay, we're in the business of helping e-tailers, manufacturers and distributors to process, grade and then resell their return products to new owners. With our own, in-house developed smart software and an end-to-end logistical chain we make sure return products keep their value and find their way to happy customers.
We didn't start BuyBay because we saw a return problem. We saw an environmental problem. That's why we're determined to work hard and have a positive impact on the world around us. We don't want to shift the return-problem somewhere else: we really want to solve it. Because we're convinced we can. We work together with a tight knit network of brands, manufacturers, (e)retailers and (online) platforms. All with one goal: finding a return product a new owner as fast as possible and for the right value.
Because, why buy something brand new if there is also a - just as good - returned alternative? By giving return products a second chance, instead of writing them off, we prevent waste and contribute to a more sustainable and circulair environment. That's how we make a positive impact. Open, transparent and no-nonsense.
BuyBay is a healthy and profitable innovative company and our business is on trend. We are a thought leader of the industry. And besides that the e-commerce and return sector is growing fast. To support that growth we add new business models and we want to expand our services from the Benelux to the rest of Europe, to make sure all returned items in Europe get a second chance.
We have an inhouse development team, consisting of 6 software developers, 1 data engineer, 1 Quality Assurance Tester and a Product Owner. They all report directly to the CTO, Rutger van van Bergen. The team is responsible for all software development and data analytics that takes place within the company. In that, the team plays a pivotal role in BuyBay’s transition from a logistical company that develops software, to a SaaS solution provider in the field of intelligent reverse logistics.
One of the next successful hire must be a Senior Quality Assurance Tester, to increase the role of test automation in our overall software quality assurance.