Want to work as a Junior IT Manager at a company where your growth - both professional as personal - is stimulated? Where you will be responsible for monitoring the operation and assisting the implementation of IT services on the cloud to European railway sector customers? Then read on!
As a Junior IT Manager at Hit Rail, you will be responsible for monitoring the operation and assisting the implementation of IT services on the cloud to European railway sector customers. You will function within a team that:
• operates and maintains mission-critical IT services,
• implements new cloud applications and IT services,
• provides first and second level support for those services.
Furthermore, you are responsible for assisting and coordinating the design, development and implementation of new applications and IT services. You will also liaise with networking, platform and programming teams. Other duties you will have are:
• registering and coordinating the resolution of technical faults,
• make recommendations for cloud IT service enhancements,
• implement cybersecurity measures and procedures,
• maintain technical documents and procedures,
• maintain a permanent interaction with the Technical Director and senior management.
You at least have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience. 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar position - preferably for a European railway company - is required. Although not necessary, project management experience and certification, and familiarity with agile methodologies, are desirable. Besides that you have experience with software or applications project management. Experienced or familiar with some or all following technologies & tools:
• APIs: REST, SOAP, JSON, XML,
• Linux, TCP/IP,
• Java and/or Python, Amazon AWS solutions, ESB/Middleware is a plus,
• further certifications relevant to database or middleware technologies would be a plus,
• railway industry protocols and formats is also a plus.
You are passionate about IT and have a great curiosity and good understanding of IT technologies. Because you will work in an international company, it is important for you to be proficient in English. Any other languages - especially French and German - are highly desirable. Moreover, you are:
• self-organizing, flexible, analytical, problem solving, able to define tasks, establish priorities, and implement according to plan,
• focused on high quality and customer service,
• strong in communication and customer orientation,
• great in time management, multi-tasking and decision-making,
• a team player that can resolve conflicts of ‘not my responsibility’.
And most importantly: you are willing to grow in your professional and technical skills with support from Hit Rail.
What we offer
Working at Hit Rail means working in a pleasant, informal, multinational working environment where remote working, team meetings and occasional to regular travel is the norm. You will join a compact team of high-impact professionals that manage a network of technical suppliers providing high-quality IT solutions. Furthermore, Hit Rail offers:
• training opportunities
• a work space where your professional and personal growth is stimulated
• excellent employment conditions
• a good salary
Hit Rail is a private limited liability company with registered office in Utrecht, The Netherlands, established in 1990 by 10 national railways.
Hit Rail’s purpose is to help the European railway society to carry out international projects in the fields of data communications and information technology on a neutral and not-for-profit basis.
Hit Rail is responsible for managing the Hermes and HEROS secure data communications infrastructure, its services are used by over 50 railway companies from 23 countries.
Working at Hit Rail means working in a pleasant, informal, multinational working environment where remote working, team meetings and occasional to regular travel is the norm.
A compact team of high-impact professionals manage a network of technical suppliers providing high-quality IT solutions.
Periodical team meetings take place in Hit Rail’s working spaces in Utrecht, Brussels, Spain and elsewhere in Europe.
Skills development, professional and personal growth is expected and actively stimulated by the company.
Hit Rail offers excellent employment conditions and training opportunities.