Are you looking for an IT job in Amsterdam? We’re looking for a new DevOps Engineer that would like to join our mission to build the next generation graph store and (by doing so) make sure organizations from all over the world can utilize the network effect of their data!
At Triply, we offer software products and services that enable companies to integrate their organizations' data assets into standards-compliant knowledge graphs. One of our products is TriplyDB: a tool that uses the power of linked data and makes it possible for users to ask questions across data silos and tap into the real value of data.
A challenge for TriplyDB is scaling our infrastructure to match the reliability and performance demands that our customers expect. We self-host our product, which affords us greater control, as well as more efficient use of our hardware resources.
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll be responsible for automating and managing our operational environment. You’ll have the opportunity to bring in new ideas and technologies in a pragmatic way. You’ll contribute to the management and continued growth of the operational environment of TriplyDB, which includes our on-premise server hardware, running Kubernetes clusters. Together with our developers you’ll ensure TriplyDB can run performantly and securely.
As our new DevOps Engineer you have:
- 5-8 years of working experience in a DevOps/Infrastructure related role.
- Experience in automating, managing and running a complex operational environment that emphasizes performance and stability.
- Strong troubleshooting experience on the application level, including integrations and configurations.
- Experience with on-premise Kubernetes cluster management.
- Experience with the tools we work with is preferred: Rancher, RKE2, Argo CD, GitLab, LGTM monitoring stack and Proxmox
Even if you don’t completely fit the above description, you can always apply. We value a curious mindset and a drive to solve problems, above everything else.
- System-administration: You will monitor system performance, manage server hardware, implement data backups, configure firewalls, document processes, stay updated on tech trends, and provide technical support, including TriplyDB on-premise deployment.
- Troubleshooting and calamity management: You will troubleshoot system calamities that arise, diagnosing problems and resolving them promptly. You escalate critical incidents to appropriate individuals/teams.
- Coding: You will develop, test and maintain TriplyDB GitOps infrastructure code, ensuring quality, correctness, performance, and security. You have a pragmatic approach to tasks, making informed changes when necessary.
- Communication: You’re able to convey technical issues effectively. You ask clear, concise, and specific questions when seeking information or clarification. You share relevant knowledge with others, including best practices and technical demos.
- Collaboration: You assist colleagues with code-reviews, testing and other issues they might have, both reactively and proactively. You investigate application and infrastructure issues. You assist other teams with Triply when it comes to technical issues related to TriplyDB.
- Effectiveness: You prioritize efficiency and productivity to avoid repetitive tasks, effectively solve problems, and independently develop technical solutions. You show a sense of ownership for Triply and TriplyDB, and take initiatives to improve subpar work.
Triply (located at the campus of VU University Amsterdam) is a company that enables organizations to integrate their data assets into clear and compliant knowledge graphs. We improve the experience of the developer as well as the user of the graphs.
Our clients are very diverse and active in different industries such as government, cultural heritage, academia, manufacturing and biomedical sector. We make sure they can start publishing linked data at the source, save time by adding and managing their data through easy-to-use and fast interfaces, and solve more problems by answering complex questions across data silos.
Would you like to help us build the next generation graph store? Apply now for this DevOps Engineer vacancy!