As a Medior/Senior Data Scientist at ORTEC - Data Science & Consulting you will be pioneering in the field of Data Science. Having delivered state-of-the-art data-oriented solutions, products and tools for more than 35 years, we know how to deliver impact and business value with scalable data driven decision support together with our customers.
We are experienced in areas such as: Operations and Supply Chain Analytics (i.e. sales and operations planning/optimization), Predictive maintenance and asset management, HR & Customer Analytics (i.e. dynamic pricing, revenue management, chatbots), in markets like Retail, Energy, Transport, Post and Parcel, Finance and Insurance, Travel and leisure. This has led to valued strategic partnerships with parties such as Shell, Fedex / TNT, AirFrance-KLM, Dutch Railways, Coca-Cola, Brussels Airport and Walmart.
So are you ready to take on the responsibility, and implement your knowledge for amazing customers, while we support your further development as well? Then apply today.
• You have 4 to 8 years of working experience
• You have strong analytic skills, with up-to-date knowledge of Machine Learning and AI and you can fluently communicate in English and Dutch (French is a pre).
• Furthermore, you combine an understanding of business challenges with strong modelling skills. This allows you to translate our customer’s real opportunities into tangible quantitative models that can suggest usable predictions and decisions improving our customer’s business.
• Proven track record in data analysis and mathematical modeling
• Extensive, hands-on experience with Python is a must
• Strong affinity with R is a plus
• Affinity with data visualization tools like PowerBI, Spotfire, Tableau
• Pre if you have experience with Azure, RDBMS, Databricks and/or Spark
• Ability and eagerness to provide on-the-job coaching to our less experienced colleagues. Be a mentor and a sounding board for them.
• High quality and result oriented
• Ability to work in a team, and at the location of the customer
• Detail oriented, analytical, pragmatic, flexible, strong communicator and a self-starter
• Good presentation skills with the ability to discuss technical topics with a non-technical audience .
• Entrance to the most passionate powerhouse in applied mathematics
• Join our movement and improve the world
• Enjoy an open, kind and fun culture. You’ll be entering a group of young and dynamic colleagues, who appreciate participating in initiatives that keep us healthy, connected and effective.
• Year-end bonus equal to a full month’s pay
• We believe in commitment: your permanent contract will be waiting for you
The ORTEC journey started in the early 1980s. A few young Dutch students wanted to show the world the value of mathematics to secure long term sustainable growth for organizations and society at large. 39 years later, ORTEC is the world’s leading supplier of mathematical optimization software and advanced analytics with around 1,000 employees and offices in 13 countries around the globe. Over the years, we have optimized business processes at more than 1,200 leading companies, enabling us to make a significant contribution to a better world.
We want to improve the world using our passion for mathematics.
By empowering organizations with mathematical optimization technology and advanced analytics, we contribute to a better world.
We want to continuously increase our impact on the world with our data driven decision support.
Our passionate people are highly skilled and know their business. ORTEC’s close ties with the academic world ensure that our people are operating on the cutting edge of new technologies and developments in the fields of analytics and optimization. The added value of leveraging data and mathematics can be realized in virtually every business process and every industry.