Omina Technologies is an artificial intelligence company active in Belgium and the US with offices in
Antwerp, Brussels, Liege, Washington D.C. and Miami. We specialize in ethical, explainable and
trustworthy artificial intelligence. We are looking for a senior (big) data engineer for our consultancy
Are you a big data engineer with a passion for artificial intelligence and do you know of the
state-of-the-art big data technologies that enable companies to get their data under control? Do
you dream of working for a company that is changing the world for good with ethical and
explainable artificial intelligence? We are looking for new colleagues to join our team that have
several of the skills listed below. Are you this person? Then we have the right opportunity for you!
The candidate will bring experience with regards to big data engineering on relevant
● Provide efficient communication between all the relevant stakeholders.
● Provide data engineering knowledge to the internal R&D process, when required.
● Represent Omina Technologies’ ethics and values to the clients, as an ambassador.
● The candidate is expected to continually expand their expertise and knowledge, for
which we provide resources and support.
● Master or PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
● More than 3 years of experience, preferably on consulting projects.
● A creative problem solver with a strong knowledge of the latest big data technologies.
● Ability to drive new developments and implement process changes and disruptive
technologies in the organization.
● Good organization, communication and documentation skills with the ability to convey
complex technical concepts to non-technical professionals.
● Experience working with a variety of stakeholders within the organization..
Technical Skills (each candidate needs only a subset of the listed skills)
● Experience in cloud and on premise solutions.
● Experience with SCALA, SPARK or similar.
● Experience with Kubernetes, Docker Swarm or similar.
● Experience on Azure or similar cloud platform (certification is a bonus).
● Knowledge of ETL for large data sets on distributed systems.
● Knowledge of Hadoop or similar.
● Extensive knowledge of databases (e.g., NOSQL, SQL, POSTGRES or MongoDB).
● Experience in Python, Java or C(++/#).
● Experience with data streams, pipelines and their management.
● Experience with big data technologies (e.g., Azure Data Factory, AWS Data Pipeline,
GCP Data Flow).
● Knowledge of distributed systems, load balancing, networking and storage.
● Knowledge of Dutch and/or French and English.
In this job you'll find:
What we offer
We welcome you to a truly dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities for
personal development. Omina Technologies is a scale-up getting a lot of traction in Europe and the
US. Working for Omina Technologies means you will be working in an exciting and emerging field of
artificial intelligence. Omina Technologies’ benefits are very competitive, and in addition we offer
Omina Technologies began as a small startup in Belgium in 2016. The market was ready to adopt AI but at the same time it became clear that AI can be used in an unethical way. The Facebook-Cambridge Analytica scandal clearly revealed that AI comes with risks. Rachel Alexander founded Omina Technologies because she believes in building Ethical Artificial Intelligence products and helping companies big and small to untap the potentail of AI while mitigating risk with ethical and trustworthy AI.
Omina Technologies is a company in ethical and trustworthy artificial intelligence:
- Artificial intelligence should be available to companies big and small
- Data should be handled ethically and with respect for privacy
- Artificial intelligence should be explainable and transparent
Omina Technologies was one of the earliest companies in Europe to realize the full potential and power of artificial intelligence and machine learning. Since 2016 Omina Technologies has grown exponentially and has expanded their product gamma to service more and more industries.
Omina Technologies developed an AI Platform, Omina Platform, that is ethical by design and empowers domain experts to build ethical AI solutions with real business impact while minimizing risk. In 2018, Omina Consultancy and Omina Academy were added as services, to empower companies to develop AI solutions internally. That year, Omina Technologies also expanded to the US and opened an office in Miami.
In June 2019, CEO Rachel Alexander won the Belgian AI Personality of the Year Award.