As a Data Engineer, you are an important pivot in our data landscape. You work closely with your colleague, Engineers, Architects, and Application Developers. Together you shape the data and analysis environment for our customers. Sounds good? Then read on!
You help to further develop the data processing environment. You ensure that the necessary data becomes available in this environment. You do this by unlocking data from a multitude of (open, closed, and
commercial) sources via API or batch files. It is up to you to robustly access, transform, and store data in the data processing environment.
iVent uses the latest tools for analysis, visualization, alerting, and modeling that are integrated into the data processing environment. As a Data Engineer, you prepare and
iVent Mobile Data Engineer make the necessary data available and develop tools. You can properly explain the solutions you have developed to users, and you feel responsible for the quality and
reliability of data, which directly influences analysis and research results.
For you, as a Data Engineer, there is plenty of room for development and collaboration with data providers, including Inmarsat, Iridium, ADS-B, Cisco, and others.
• You have at least a completed Bachelor - HBO education in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Science, or a similar direction
• You have at least one year of job experience with scripting languages (preferably Python or Ruby) and ETL processes
You have experience with different solutions in the areas of:
• Data storage (preferably MySQL, PostgreSQL)
• NoSQL systems (preferably Elastic Stack)
• Data integration
• Container management (preferably Docker)
• Self-Propelling and learning can work independently
• Team player
• Excellent in communication skills and organizational skills
• English is fluent in writing and speech
• Strong interest in creating inventive, smarter, and better solutions
You live data, and you enjoy developing solutions. You like to think creatively about how you can best organize this, and you enjoy sharing this vision with colleagues and sparring well on the content. In your vision, you take into account future-readiness and strive for a robust design. You find it challenging to research which technology you need. You are also used to agile working. You like a dynamic environment with innovation and change, in which successes are celebrated, and collegiality is experienced as very important.
In this job you'll find:
& Social interaction
What we offer
• A highly technical environment that will develop your knowledge and experience
• Initially, an six months contract, which can be converted to long term if the performance is good during the initial period
• A personal coaching and learning path
• Good salary and additional benefits
iVent is a young company established in 2014. Its launching customers simply couldn’t find an answer to address some of their major challenges in mobile and satellite systems at that time.
iVent, combining knowledge, insights, and building blocks from parts of the satellite, mobile, and telecommunications industry, with some original thinking on top, delivered the solution they were looking for.
iVent designs, deploy and manages network-centric activities. This can be categorized into the following areas:
• IP networks
• Inbound and Outbound 2/3/4 and 5G mobile solutions
• Network-based Value Added Services (VAS)
• iVent Provisioning applications
• iVent Analytics applications
• Over The Top (OTT) applications allowing for better or more economical utilization of networks
Our solutions are technology agnostic and, therefore, not limited to any type of technology or provider. Typically, a platform setup is providing a single-screen provisioning and monitoring tool facilitating real-time accounting, billing, data assurance, and traffic monitoring for full end-to-end visibility and control.