E-magy B.V. is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to strengthen its development and engineering team. This team is tasked with the product development and expansion of E-magy’s production facilities. Are you ready to change the future for the better?
- Designing, engineering, of new/modified equipment, tools and machinery, based on user requirements;
- Testing and evaluating designs to ensure performance will be as expected;
- Arrange and supervise equipment construction, installation and their initial testing;
- Participate in the process team and support on mechanical issues and problems in the production equipment. Propose improvements, solutions for the investigated issues;
- Responsible for maintaining equipment and machinery and ensuring that faults are diagnosed and put right as quickly as possible;
- Manage, participate in multidisciplinary (international) teams in equipment realisation projects.
The position reports to the COO of E-magy. It is a full time position on site of E-magy in Broek op Langedijk. Traveling on an incidental basis can be expected.
- MEng or BEng degree in mechanical engineering with several years’ experience in similar position;
- Experience with mechanical engineering projects on high temperature and, or vacuum equipment, will be particular appreciated;
- Skilled in computer-aided design and 3D modelling (Solid works);
- Capable of translating product/process related requirements into innovative, efficient designs;
- Good communication skills to share his/her expertise with others and create support for his/her projects;
- Good verbal and written English communications skills.
- Exciting work environment within an international high-tech team in a scale-up company;
- Opportunity to make a meaningful contribution towards a sustainable future;
- Responsibility and growth opportunities;
- Strong team spirit and short communication lines;
- Possibility to join employee participation program.
E-magy is a designer and manufacturer of “nano-sponge” silicon material for advanced lithium-ion batteries. With the material, Li-ion batteries enjoy a 40% capacity increase. E-magy works with partners throughout the global automotive supply chain. The company is located in Broek op Langedijk, The Netherlands.
The people behind E-magy have applied their 20+ years of silicon crystallisation experience to solve the challenge of silicon in Li-ion batteries. The team is driven to utilize the most advanced silicon know-how to bring sustainable solutions to the battery industry.
Focus is not only on technology but also on manufacturing cost and enabling large scale market application.